For those who don't mind sacrificing a little convenience, our River Sites boast some of the best views in the entire Wallowa Lake Village. From your doorstep, watch osprey diving for kokanee, mergansers coming in to land, bald eagles cruising the canyon, and dippers competing with trout for insects. The catch? These sites are boondocking only, meaning no hookups of any kind.
- Best views in the park
- Right beside the river
- Landscaped center island
- Restrooms and showers available
- Water available to fill holding tanks on arrival
- May dump in any open full-hook-up site on departure
- Generators from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
- Must be self-contained
- Restrooms are in the upper park loop, a slight walk
- You will need a generator or solar panel to charge your batteries
- Not suitable for big rigs (RVs over 25' are not allowed and will be turned away).
- No tent camping (shade tents ok)
- No wood fires; propane firebowls only
- Generators must not exceed 65 dBA at a distance of 25 feet (onboard models and Hondas comply)
- No holding tank dumping in sites
- No RVs longer than 25 feet; you will be turned away if your trailer is longer than your booking states.